The instructor section of the institution interface is designed for instructor management that includes credentialing, course review, and curriculum alignment processes in DualEnroll.com. Additionally, instructors can be linked to certain course sections within DualEnroll.com, which will assist with students registering for the correct course section.
The Instructor Listing can be found by clicking on the instructor section of the institution interface. Instructors can be added, modified, and deleted from the listing page. The instructor’s credential status (if applicable) will also be displayed.
Finding your Instructors
The filter and search navigation bar highlighted below allows the user to filter and search for instructors in the system. There is a View By grouping filter and a search box to help control the view of the instructors for the user.
View By Options:
- Instructor—this is the default filter option and lists the instructors alphabetically (A to Z) with important steps to be completed highlighted in yellow and listed at the top of the grouping in alphabetical order.
- High School—groups the instructors by high school with important steps to be completed highlighted in yellow at the top of the grouping in alphabetical order.
- Status—groups the instructors by their status/what step they are on with steps to be completed highlighted in yellow at the to of the grouping in alphabetical order.
The default system results in an ascending list regardless of the view. You can change the order of any “view by” list from ascending to descending buy clicking on the white underlined column headers. One click results in an ascending order (A to Z) and two clicks results in a descending order (Z to A). Important steps will still remain at the top of all lists and views.
Adding a New Instructor
Adding an instructor must occur prior to starting a credential review, curriculum alignment/course review, or linking to a specific course section. To add a new instructor, simply click on the Add button in the upper right corner of the instructor section of the institution interface.
At a minimum, the system requires you enter the following information
- High School—select the High School the instructor is associated with
- First Name—enter the first name of the instructor
- Last Name—enter the last name of the instructor
- Email address—enter the email address for the instructor
- Request Credentials box—this must be checked in order for the system to issue an invitation to the instructor to create their DualEnroll.com account and complete/update their profile. If this box is left unchecked, no invitation will be issued. The instructor will not have DualEnroll.com account but will appear in on the institutions instructor list. An instructor must have a DualEnroll.com account if they are required to complete tasks and steps within the DualEnroll.com system.
The rest of fields may be left blank or may be filled in by the institution if known. The instructor will be prompted to update their profile and complete any blank fields as part of their account creation in DualEnroll.com.
Deleting an Instructor
Deleting a instructor is as easy as clicking a button. Find the desired instructor in the instructor section. Click on the specific instructor name to access their profile. Click on the delete link near the update button at the bottom of the instructor's profile page.
Note: Deleting an instructor will delete all of the documentation attached to an instructor that is not stored in a workflow related to that instructor.
Updating an Instructor's Profile
To update an instructor's profile information, find the specific instructor on the instructor listing. Click on the specific instructor's name to access their profile. Change/Update the information as needed. Then click the update button at the bottom of the instructor's profile page.
Once an instructor has created a DualEnroll.com account, they can access their account at any time. The instructor profile can be updated by the institution or the instructor themselves.