The courses section of the institution interface is designed for course management that includes course information, course documents, course sections, and course review/alignment.
By default, courses are listed in ascending, alphabetical order by Course Number.
Each course has the following information displayed on the course listing
- Course Number—often the course code/abbreviation the college catalog uses
- Course Title—full title of the course
- Credits—number of credits associated with the course
- Sections—number of sections that exist within DualEnroll.com for that particular course
- Course Location--the location for course sections is expressed by the use of three icons.
The course location is displayed by the use of three icons. These icons appear at the end of the course title.
- The Monument Icon--indicates the course has sections that meet on a college campus/site
- The Computer Icon--indicates the course has online sections available
- The Graduation Cap Icon--indicates the course has sections that meet at a High School
Courses with more than one icon attached to them indicate that the course has sections that meet at multiple locations/sites.
Finding a Course
By default, courses are listed in ascending, alphabetical order by Course Number. The search box, highlighted below, can be used to search for a specific course.
Reordering the Course Listing
The system default setting is to present the course list as an ascending, alphabetical list based on the Course Number. However, the course list can be reordered by using the column titles (highlighted below).
Clicking a column title once will reorder the course listing to display an ascending (alphabetical or numerical) list based on that column. Clicking on a column title twice will reorder the course listing to display a descending (alphabetical or numerical) list based on that column.
Adding a Course
A course can be added to the course listing by clicking on the Add button located in the top right corner of the course listing screen and filling out the course details fields on the subsequent screen.
- Enter Course Title (required)--the full course title; for example, "English Composition I"
- Enter the Course Subject (required)--the subject code/abbreviation; for example, "ENGL"
- Enter the Course Number (required)--the course number/level; for example "101" in the case of ENGL 101
- Enter the Credits (required)--the number of credits associated with the course
- Enter the Description (required)--the description for the course
Click Create once finished. The new course will appear on the course listing.
Note: Course Sections will not exist for this new course as sections are not automatically generated. To learn more about creating course sections, please refer to the Creating and Managing Course Sections article.
Deleting a Course
Deleting a course is as easy as clicking a link. Find the desired course on the course listing and click on the course number. This will bring you to the course details page for that specific course. Click on the delete link at the bottom of the course details page (next to the update button) to delete the course.
Note: All Sections of a course must be deleted prior to deleting the course since they are linked to one another.
Updating a Course
Should a change occur, updating the course details is quickly accomplished in the system. Find the desired course on the course listing and click on the course number. This will take you to the course details page. Update the necessary information and click the Update button.