Academic terms are the date ranges that the dual enrollment programs will be offered by your institution.
Academic Term Listing
The academic listing allows the user to see a list of all active and inactive terms in the system. The user also has the ability to add, delete or review details about an existing term.
Adding a New Term
This activity must be performed in advance of the registration process beginning for dual enrollment. To create a new term. Note not all fields represented in this document are relevant to every institution as customization are required depending on the complexity of the workflow designed by customer.
- Click the Add button from the Academic Term listing page
- Add a Description for the academic term, this will become the name of the term in the listing detail
- Add a Start Date and End Date determining the dates for the academic term
- Add an Admission Deadline, this is the deadline for admission to the institution
- Add a Drop Deadline, this is the date that students can drop from the course after the term start
- Add a Withdraw Deadline, this is the date that students must withdraw from the course after the term start
- Add a Placement Test Date, this is the date that students must have completed placement and assessment testing by
- Add an Approval Date, this is the date that students will be approved by the institution by
- Click Create
Making a Term Inactive
Making a term inactive removes the term from the registration list for students. To make a term inactive:
- Click URL the desired Academic Term in the Academic Term listing page
- Check the Inactive Checkbox
- Click Update
Deleting a Term
Terms have relationships to registrations and students and should be carefully evaluated prior to deleting. Making the term inactive is typically a better approach than deleting the term. If the term was created in error and does not need to be available for registrations in the DualEnroll.com system, it can be deleted by:
- Hover over the Academic Term in the Academic Term listing page
- Click Delete
- Confirm the deletion