The students section of the institution interface is designed for student management for application, enrollment, and registration processes in DualEnroll.com.
Finding your Students
The filter and search navigation bar highlighted above allows the user to filter and search for students in the system. There is View By grouping filter, term filter, and a search box to help control the view of students for the user.
View By Options:
- Student - this is the default filter option and list students with important steps to be completed in alphabetical order at the top of the screen.
- High School - groups the students by high school with important steps to be complete at the top of the grouping in alphabetical order at the top of the screen.
- Course - groups the students by course with important steps to be complete at the top of the grouping in alphabetical order at the top of the screen.
- Step (recommended) - groups the students by step with important steps to be complete at the top of the grouping in alphabetical order at the top of the screen.
Taking Action on Students in the Listing Page:
After you have filtered and students based on how you would like to see them, the next step is to review or take action(s) required by the school on the listed students. The listing page has 4 sections available to the user in the default view:
- Students - this column contains rows of student names. Clicking on the [+] symbol will expand information about that student including their high school and guidance counselor if one was selected. Clicking on the student name will take you to the profile screen for that student allowing you to see their contact information, student number (if applicable), uploaded documents, and academic information such as GPA and test scores.
- Course - this column shows the course that the student has requested for registration. Clicking on the [+] symbol will expand information about that course including the location the course is taught at, time and day(s) of week the course is taught (if applicable) and the instructor.
- Status - this column allows the user to see where in the approval process the student is. The status information is course specific and will differ depending on the workflow design for the school.
- Step - this column shows the step(s) to be completed for the student. Steps that require immediate attention are typically color coded in yellow. Note that the steps in this screen can be completed by the college even though they are not college steps. This is provided as an override mechanism but we recommend allowing the steps to be completed by the assignee. The step column also has two other features to be aware of [files] and [abandon]. The files link will take you to a page detailing all of the documents that have been collected in the workflow up to this point. The abandon link allows the user to terminate the registration for the student. This action results in the workflow/approcal process terminating and typically (dependson workflow) send an email to the student notifying them of the abandoned registration.